Meats and dairy for babies

My daughter's pedi said I can start giving my daughter lean meat at 7 to 8 months and wait until 9 months to start dairy such as cheese and yogurt. When were you told you could offer meat and dairy to your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told the same, but for some reason, I held off until 9 moths for both. I am thinking it was just the way the new food schedule worked itself out. I don't think I intentionally waited for the meats. She had already had her 9 month check up before we introduced either. However, she has never had a problem with either, so maybe it is good we waited. But it is entirely likely she would have been fine the month prior as well.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son's dietitian told me I can give him meats when he mastered the veggies and fruits.. My son was about 7 months when i started giving him meats.. and I just started to give him dairy about now and he is almost 9 months. If you think your baby is ready I dont think there is harm in trying it. The worst that can really happen is they might not like it, or like all other baby food trials they are allergic to it
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 3:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I don't remember exactly when we started...I know they had some babyfood meats (in dinner combos) when they were 6 months.

By 9 months they had tried it all (just about) and were totally on table foods eating what we ate.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009