Kidle, kindle fire, ipad, whats the difference?

What do you have? Do you like it? I am going to use it mostly for books and online. Also can these get viruses? What do you do if they get a virus?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2012 in Technology

• The new Kindle Fire HD looks awesome. Bigger screen, better graphics and more storage space.

I have one (not HD) that I got around the first of the year. I love it. I have well over 300 books with plenty of room for more, not including having stuff on the Cloud. I have watched TV shows and movies on and they look great. I go online (hate FB mobile though ... ugh).

I have tons of apps (mostly games) on the Kindle with more on the Cloud. Not to mention the almost 100 songs I have on there. There are more things that you can do with it, but I haven't played with those areas yet ... I've been stuck on the books and games.

And yes, just like anything connected to the internet where you download things, there is the risk of a virus.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• They all have different capabilities, run on different operating systems (OS), and are "meant for" different things, though they all do a lot of the same things. I don't have any but I really want a Samsung Galaxy Tab so I can sync it with my phone, watch Netflix and cable channels, and surf the net in bed.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• If you want want mostly for books and online I'd go with a Kindle Fire. I don't think they can get viruses, at least I've never heard of such a thing, but I think certain apps that you download can have "bugs" that do funky things to device but shouldn't harm anything and should stop once you delete the app.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• Anything connected to the internet can get a virus
    I second the Kindle Fire if you're mostly using it for books. I'm getting myself one soon

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I have an iPad. On the iPad I downloaded the free Kindle app, so I can download books to either the iPad or under the Kindle.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I have a Kindle keyboard and a FIRE. I find the 1st is easier to read books on. It's not glossy or back lit. We use the FIRE for its other Android Apps.

The iPad and FIRE are both tablets, where the Kindle is just an ereader.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I have an iPhone and a Kindle Fire. I like the apple platform better but can't justify the price of an iPad for myself. I do love my kindle fire though! Haven't had any problem with viruses.

Answer by missanc at 1:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• Thanks ladies
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• DD just got a Kindle Fire HD for her bat mitzvah. She loves it. She mostly plays games on it right now. But eventually she'll put books on there, especially when we go on our summer road trips.

I have an iPad and love it. I have the kindle app and read on the iPad. I also use it for internet access and notes for business meetings.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• love our iPad. we do so freaking much with it. travel, movies, games, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2013