cervix checked

how often did ur doc check at appts to see if u were dilating
was it every time u went or every other week im kinda scared to get checked but i want to know if im dilating

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think they start every appointment about the time ou start going every other week ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my doc didn't start checking until I was 36 weeks I think. I'm 40 now, so it sounds about right. It's no big deal really. Nothin to be scared of sister! ;)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• This time, I'm not letting them do it. It's unnecessary, and after your water's broken, they can introduce bacteria (yes, even with gloves).
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I got mine checked almost every appointment in my last trimester.. in my first two trimesters they only checked it like once a month.. your last couple weeks they will check it every week.. its not that bad so dont worry about it.. its good to know what youre at. also you can always tell the doctor you choose not to have your cervix checked.. its not going to kill you to not get it checked. The baby is still going to come at the same time. It's basically just for your peace of mine and the doctors to see where you are at in your pregnancy.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 5:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Mine started at 36 weeks and checked every week.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• you guys are lucky i have been have complications with the baby and i have had my cervix checked 5 times now it isn't that bad when they do it normally without the clamp but adding the clamp really does a number on me, and i am only 27 weeks along
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 6:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My OB started checking at appointments at 35 weeks, but I had prob 3 checks via ultrasound before that because I had too much fluid. They were worried that I would go way too early and put me on some restrictions. Now I'm 37 weeks and wishing I would just have this baby LOL.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 9:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I didn't until I asked. I was almost 42 weeks at that point.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 11, 2009