My son only listens to me.. no one else.

I have a 2yr old and he won't listen to anyone but me! I feel bad whenever i have to leave him with my parents because i know he acts like a monster when im not around! is there any way i can get this to stop? or is it just a faze?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is why they call it the terrible two's. My son is not two yet, but I know it will happen. Every child does this for a period of time. It will pass, probably not as fast as you would like. This is when children love to test their boundaries. Try not to worry to muc, and watch out when he stop listening to you as well. Good luck. :)
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Normal childhood development, you need to reinforce that he must listen to other too. It will take some time and after he turns 3 it will "click"!
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 4:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2009