What is the difference?

What is the difference between medical assistant and patient access?

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2012 in Money & Work

• I have no idea, I never heard of patient access
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I don't know what either of the are, let along what the difference is. Sorry!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• Never heard of these terms sorry
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• Medical Assistant is the person you see before the doctor. They typically do the blood pressure, tempature , breathing, etc. They take down the list of symptoms you have. They also do blood draws and give the shots and help with office procedures like removing a simple wart to helping place a brace.
    I went to school for MA and have a license for it but I am not currently doing that kind of work.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• This what I found for patient access rep

Coordinate communication between patients, family members, medical staff, administrative staff, or regulatory agencies.
    Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
    Maintain knowledge of community services and resources available to patients.
    Refer patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
    Investigate and direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2012