Baby names

24 weeks preggo and I think I messed up on letting my husband pick baby names. My husband and I made a bet and I swore on my grandma that I would follow through. The bet was that if it was a girl, he could name her and if its a boy, I would name it. Welp, he won, the name he picked was uhhhhh. I can some what work with October, but that middle name Rayne (like Rain), it's a no no. I just knew at the bottom of my heart that it was a boy, I could feel it. I wonder how can I solve this problem, without breaking my promise.I can't believe I promised/swore he could do it this time. -BTW if it was a boy his name would've been Kendrick Lemont H. (Just in case the Dr. was wrong) lol

MommyRinda

Asked by MommyRinda at 10:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2012 in Baby Names

• He really wants to name his girl October Rain? That is just a little nuts. Can you talk to him about it?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I tried, all he keep saying is "You promised, it's my turn. You named all our kids, it's out last addition to our family!"
    MommyRinda

Comment by MommyRinda (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I have no advice for you then. I am so sorry.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• No. A child's name is NOT a BET. There should not have been wagers. Explain to him that the name needs to be a joint effort and October Rain simply isn't appropriate for a person's name.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• Isn't that a song, or in a song.... Maybe Elvis????
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• I agree with Staci that a person's name is not a bet.

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

Guns N Roses but, it's "November Rain".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• HATE IT!!! Everything about it. A name is not a bet. This is this child's life.
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• If that is what you wanted to name your son, I would say your huuby is on the same page.
    I personally would not saddle my child with either of those name but this is not my child.

So what was your question again.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2012

• Elvis did Kentucky Rain.

Your man really wants to name his little girl October? Rayne is kind of pretty I guess, but ask him why on earth he wants to name his daughter after a month on the calendar? She's going to be stuck with that for her whole life. Maybe winning the wager has become more important to him than the naming of a wonderful new human being. Fight for a compromise, only so your poor daughter isn't the one who truly loses the bet!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2012