Good Documentaries on Netflix's that you would recommend watching?

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2012 in Entertainment

• I don't have Netflix, but "March of the Penguins" was a great documentary movie. Morgan Freeman did the narration, and I could listen to that man reading the phone book and thoroughly enjoy it just because of the sound of his voice. There was also a four-part series on the different birds of the world; I wish I could remember the name of it. Somebody famous did it, David somebody. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• what are you into? they have a great collection so its a little daunting to start!

The Nature of Existence is really good if you like religious docs. theres a great Ken Burns doc on the Shakers that was excellent, but then all the Ken Burns docs are great if you like history (Civil War, The War, Donner Party). The Cosmos w/ Carl Sagan is a MUST if you havent seen it before...he's brilliant! Being Elmo, the story of Kevin Clash was so enlightening! i also loved Conan O'Brien Cant Stop, Freakonomics, How Beer Saved the World, For the Bible Tells Me So, Who Was Jesus, What the &%$# Do We Know?, Witness to Jonestown, The McVeigh Tapes, anything Biography or History Channel, Happy, The Science of Sex, this Emotional Life, Science of Babies, HH Holmes, Nova Science Now, at least several about Hitler, MLK Jr, and various Presidents...i could go on and on. docs are the main reason we keep Netflix (and the kid shows).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Depends on what you like. I've seen a bunch, and I have at least 15 more in my instant queue right now. Some of my favorites that I've seen on there are Super High Me, The Business of Being Born, Busting Out, A Wink and a Smile, Inside Deep Throat, and Modify.

I'm not sure if any or all of those are still on Netflix or not, though. I'm sure there have been more that I've liked, but I've had Netflix on and off for so long, I can't keep track.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Hrm, I don't have enough characters for that...
    most of the ones okmander's listed, also:
    What the #&*% Do We Know (I think netflix lists it as what the bleep do we know), Religulous, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Food INC, Super High Me, Fat Head (last 2 are both takes on Supersize Me which you should watch first if you haven't, even though it's a load of crap), Helvetica, Lord Save us From Your Followers, Strictly Background, Following Sean, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, Life After Tomorrow, Dogtown & Z Boys, plus pretty much all of the PBS Nova or Frontline ones.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• If you like nature documentaries: "National Geographic:Amazing Planet," "Walking with Dinosaurs," and "Blue Planet:A Natural History of the Oceans" are all available for instant view.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2012