Is it normal to feel this way?

I had a baby a few days ago and I can not stop crying. I am just miserable and having doubts about my relationship and if I am really happy and if he really loves me etc. But nothing has changed between us. I feel so sad I do not know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What you do is talk to someone
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• You need to talk to your doctor. You may have the baby blues, or even postpartum depression. It's serious, not to be messed around with. Get an appointment as soon as you can, and if you start having thoughts of hurting yourself or your baby, scoot right on over to the nearest emergency room. There are professionals who can help you. Postpartum depression is normal for some, but it won't go away by itself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• ^^what they said
    talk to a doc-
    and if they pooh pooh you, find another doc
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Yeah. You are hormonal. Try not to make any important decisions until things calm down. Get a hold of a doctor if you feel like you might hurt yourself or others.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Yes, talk to the doctor. It sounds like PPD to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• That sounds like some post-partum depression to me and you should really talk to your doctor about it. I did cry a lot after both of our children were born, but I wasn't questioning my relationship. With my daughter I was crying because I had a c section and I could barely get out of bed, plus I was just exhausted. With my son, I was happy and exhausted, which for me equals tears.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Are you on any kind of pain medications other than Ibuprofen? It could have an effect on you as well.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• Yes its normal to be emotional and It depends on if you doubted your relationship before you could be extra sensitive now that your baby is here which is why your questioning your future
    NuMomie12

Answer by NuMomie12 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2012