Step daughter is selfish

My step daughter is getting married and she wants my husband her dad to pay for the wedding but doesn't want him in the wedding. What yall think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• In it like giving her away? Yeah,that's selfish.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Yeah I wouldn't even do that for my dds. If he's only a atm to them then their sol. Did she say why?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I'd never do that to my dad!
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• why doesn't she want him in the wedding? and WHY would she think he'd pay for it- especially if she doesn't want him in it

We paid for our own- and sadly, my dad had already passed away
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I do not think that is selfish but it is seriously bad manners. Have you asked her why? And is the father 9your ex) in the wedding or has he been in the picture? In the end it is her wedding and she should have it as she likes/ wants it. That does NOT mean that you and her step dad have to pay for any of it. It is like any other gift. You give as much or as little as you wish. If you do not like her decisions then you can let her know. The decisions are hers, the consequences are, too..
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• That should read his ex. or ex's husband for that matter.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Now, wait, is it a planned elopement? I had a planned destination wedding/elopement/honeymoon in Greece that my father paid for but, knew he wouldn't be in attendance for.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I should add that no one was, except for my ex husband & my self. ^^^
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• My step-dau only knows us when it's her kids' birthdays or at Christmas. You know, when there's something in it for her. I think I would tell her you are tired of being used & that if her father has to "pay to play", then you wish her well, but you'll pass. Hopefully someday she will come to her senses & stop being so self-centered.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I think it's scandalous in this day and age that ANYONE would expect their parents to pay for their wedding. Paying for a wedding is a leftover from bygone days when women didn't work and went from their father's house to their husband's. It was like giving a dowry... These days we all work and can support ourselves.

As for telling your father that he won't be in the wedding ... you should have one VERY good reason for stating that! It's shameful!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2012