My daughter still rocks

Every professional I have talked to about this says she will grow out of it when she is 8. She does it constantly not just every once in a while. When she's sitting in a chair, just standing she shifts her weight from one leg to another physically taking her foot of the ground. She will sit on her bed or the floor on all fours and do it. She physically can not just stand still. When strapped in a car she does it or she is kicking her feet or constantly nodding he r head to the point where I can feel the whole car shake. One person told me to tell her to stop every time I see it but she does it so much it's like a broken record

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• It sounds like she may be ADHD. My son does that too and I believe that is why. I think he does it because if he doesn't do it he will act out. I'm not a Dr. just speaking from my own experience.
    theresamarie77

Answer by theresamarie77 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• That's pretty strong, but I find myself rocking/swaying all the time. Nothing major, but I'm always moving too. Rocking is a way of self-comforting. What does she do if you try to put her on your lap and rock her?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 5:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• In fact, I was just sitting her rocking and kicking me leg when I read this.... LOL! I have never and will never sit still... Can't do it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Uh, I am 47 and I do this all the time.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Has she been tested for turrets or any other neurological disorders? You may need to take her to a specialist.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Are you sure it isn't a tic?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2012