My lil girls curious mind

so my 5 yr old is asking how she got in my tummy and how she was taken out... she never mentioned sex, thank god, so i dont really wanna mention it to her... iuno how else to explain?

aztecqueen22

Asked by aztecqueen22 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I told my DD that to make a baby a man and a woman each give a little apart of themselves. That the mom gives and egg and the dad gives a sperm and that they lay together a special way to put them together so that the baby can grow in the moms uterus. We used the book the wonderful way babies are made.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I remember my daughter and I went to pick up our puppy and she saw the mom. When we were driving home she said, mommy, Sally's mom was really little how did all the puppies fit in her tummy? I said, well they were really tiny. She said, oh. Then after a few minutes, how did they get in there in the first place? I said, did you want to stop for an ice cream cone?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• the book did not go into how the babies get out in the smaller kids print but if she had asked I would have told her the truth... I don't know if any of this helps you... we are a very open family when it comes to these kinds of subjects...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• The belly button? Lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• My oldest daughter is 7 and has seen birth videos. My policy has always been to answer them honestly with the minimum they need to be satisfied. If they are satisfied with "daddy put you in my belly" that's where I leave it...if they need more information, I give more. My oldest asked and asked and asked until she got the full story. She thought it was gross, but that's pretty much the last I've heard about it. She will occasionally ask me if it hurts to have a baby, and I tell her that it does hurt but that the pain goes away after the baby is born. she seems satisfied by that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Good question. If it was my children asking I would probably tell them that me and their daddy was in love and God blessed us with them. That I carried them in my stomach for nine months and they came out to be me and him. It might sound corny but I'm still working on it. Lol
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Well, the doctor took her out (especially true if a C-section).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• she wants to know exactly how she was taken out. no c section. i just dont know if i should really tell her where she came out from or something else
    aztecqueen22

Comment by aztecqueen22 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I always told my kids God put them in my belly. And I always had C-sections ....so easy to explain. Dr. cut my belly and took you out.
    theresamarie77

Answer by theresamarie77 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I was honest with my kids. I figure that if they ask the question, they should get an accurate, age-appropriate answer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2012