Decorating a new town house...what is your style?

I am hoping to be renting this new townhouse and it has a great little three season room and good open living room and 3 bedrooms. so I am not quite sure how to decorate it. I got furniture when i was in my aprtment frm my parents. than the next house I rented was furnished. So I never did this before. I would say I more traditional but comtempoary. I was think neutral colors and decorate it with pillow to add color.

Bedroom do do you have dark funiture or light? I need a design star.....lol

I have been on hgtv.com and i love all those shows so i want something fun to come home to for myself and my daughter.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 5:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I have an ongoing theme of off white and red throughout my home. That way, I can switch things around whenever I want.... A neutral couch is great and then just add the color that you want when you want.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I like to decorate country-ish. Kinda Pottery barn style. I find its the easiest with kids. And you can add some contemporary here and there. I had all contemporary before this and it was not good with kids. All those clean lines one thing out of place and the whole thing would be thrown off.
    theresamarie77

Answer by theresamarie77 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• we have dark brown comfy couch and recliners...a couple old hutches that are dark wood and the rest is a mish mosh of stuff
    I have my Nightmare Before Christmas collection on display in the living room and some in the kitchen, we have Amy Brown prints (faeries) and snow globes in there too
    the bedroom has burgundy curtains (hubby sleeps all day -he works 7pm to 7 am shifts) and the beadspread is burgundy and golds

the bathroom is black and silver

I don't do country...or too modern or plain ;) I hate white walls-but we are renting so...yeah
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• I like clean lines and no clutter.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Traditional. Ethan Allen.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2012

• Country.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• Eclectic
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• I love cooking so i spent most of my time in kitchen, so i would definitely give more priority to kitchen. Being the central hub of your home the kitchen must be attractive. I have renovated my kitchen with maple kitchen cabinets bought from the RTA store which gave my kitchen the most desired look.
    Janny101

Answer by Janny101 at 3:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• uh i am renting the house i can't redo my kitchen or any part really. The kitchen is fine. I am more like looking for style ideas. not renovating ideas.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2012