I babysit this little girl who is a TOTAL follower how can help this situation!?

She is just about to turn 3 and totally potty trained and SO smart! Problem is she is such a follower! If my son ( who is 2.5 ) is climbing up the slid and I pull him off and tell him 'if you do it again it will be time out' She jumps up on the slide beofre I can even finish scolding him. If I tell my son not to get any thing out of the pantry her fist is the bucket of fruit snacks before I can even get his out. If he wets his pants ( he is still training) with in seconds she will wet hers! It is just frustrating!! I have talked to her about being a big girl and how wonderful she is and how I am so happy she is such a good girl... I have her help me by letting her wipe off the table after lunch the praise her over and over for the job well done. I praise her for playing nicely and for following the rules... I give her hugs and tapper the kids ( Her nap is 12-2 his is 12:30-2:30) naps a little so they each get one on one time during the day... I just don't know what else to do! I get tired of having to get onto her every time I get onto my son AND having to change the clothing of two kids at once 3 or more times a week! Her mom says she has the same kind of problem with her and her older sister.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds pretty normal for kids.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2012

• Yeah, that could be normal.

One thought though. He is your son so maybe you are giving him a lot of affection and attention and "I love yous" that she isn't getting from you because she isn't your daughter. If so, she could be motivated to do everything he does because she can see how special he is to you and wants to be the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2012