is it rude?

i have this one friend that is a good friend but she just acts like a know it all when it comes to pregnancy. a few weeks ago she said...YOURE GOING TO GO OVER YOUR DUE DATE BECAUSE YOU ARENT DILATED OR EFFACED! stuff like that she always says to me and it irritates me.
well she knows i had an appt yesterday and asked if i am dilated or anything i said no still not dilated and i have an induction sched for mon (3 days after my DD)
she says SEE I TOLD YOU YOU ARE GOING OVER... NOW CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS OR ARE YOU GOING TO GET UPSET AND MAD?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONT
    i said no i dont want to talk about it because i still have a week and im spotting blah blah.. she sas OH THATS YOUR MUCUS PLUG... i said no im spotting SHE SAID NOPE THATS YOUR MUCUS PLUG i told her i had to go and just hung up.
    she didnt look up my hoo haw and know thats what it was!? its freaking irritating her acting like my damn dr and acting like she knows MORE than i do...JUST because she had her son 4 months before i will have mine... holy crap it annoys the shit out of me.

is it rude of her to continue to act this way when she OBVIOUSLY knows it irritates me? or is it rude of me to tell her i dont want to talk about HER "KNOWING" WHEN I WILL DELIVER MY CHILD...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• That would ANNOY ME!!!
    Just brush your shoulders off and nod and grin!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• thats crazy some people are just nuts .. i think she is coming out before the induction lol keep telling her that if she doesnt hurry she is gonna have no choice lol .,,,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• How are you feeling anyways?! Did your contractions stop last night?
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• honestly a lot of people are like that! i pretend im an expert on pregnancy but im never like that. i tell people facts i've read or i dont say anything at all, but i knew a LOT of people during my pregnancy who were rude like that.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• im still getting that pain but they arent getting closer together yet :( but they are consistent just not close enough to call the dr :(

i asked my sis if i could walk on her treadmill and she said no she was scared id fall LMAO... i wasnt going to run... just walk normal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Chips and salsa...that'll do it! That way you can prove your friend WRONG!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• it was really annoying when she said "oh thats your mucus plug" im like no it wasnt its just spotting..."Nope its your mucus plug!" i said NOPE its not she goes OMG YOU STILL HAVENT LOST YOUR MUCUS PLUG?! YEAH YOUR DEF GOING WAY AFTER YOUR DUE DATE! i let her know not everyone loses it like that and she said...YES THEY DO AND YOU GO INTO LABOR LIKE RIGHT AFTER YOU LOSE IT.

i swear she pulls these "facts" out of her as*
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• eh...I have friends like that too. Just blow it off. Don't let it bother you. Just ignore it and yes...smiling and nodding works wonders!!! I do it all day with my aunt! lol.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 3:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• wow... she sounds like my mom, if she slips up and says 2+2=5, 2+2 will NEVER =4.

never wrong, know it all.. i hate it too!

i guess whether or not it's rude is your call... you know your friend outside of the pg situation, if she continues to insist on aggrivating you to "prove" you wrong, she must not be too good a friend...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009