Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Relocating with a insurance issues

So I relocated for a job and my health insurance does not go into effect until January and I plan to just add my daughter to this however, the daycare wants insuance information for enrollment and right now we have state insurance that can't be used in another state. Has anyone else had to deal with this? She is back home right now with my parents until I get everything settled however, If I get this house rental by this week I wanted her down here by next week or at least the week after thanksgiving. I am debating now to keep her with my parents until health insurance kicks in or just wing it and just hope she doesn't get sick until than. what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2012 in Kids' Health

Answers (11)
  • Maybe just give them the info you have and don't tell them it can't be used in another state...

    Answer by Crafty26 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • well that would work at maybe childcare however, the dr usually need your insurance card to make a copy and that wont fly and the one childcare if i enroll her there i need a physical from the dr. however, the one i really want is more personable and i think i might be able to talk to the director until eveything is settled.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • I would explain the situation to the daycare you are looking at and see what they have to say. They might be willing to work with you since you will be getting insurance soon.

    Answer by kmath at 4:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • I would tell the daycare she does not have insurance and you have to wait until January until you will have her covered.
    Does she have to be covered under some form of healthcare in order to be enrolled?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • Well, I got the forms and it has healthcare forms. On the forms it does say insurance. and you know you give them permission to take her to care if there is an emergency. ofcourse i would be contacted but I will ask them. the one daycare I want i a smaller daycare but with other circumstances like location I might have to send her to a different one that is equally as good but bigger. Either way I will ask and explain the situation.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • If she's on medicaid in your current state, apply for it temporarily in your new state - maybe they could push your application through quicker since she's already on it where you're at now.

    Answer by idareyou at 5:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • At my daycare (I'm a nurse) it is okay to say you have applied for your state insurance and we write "pending". They are asking for the info "just in case". In this state, they can not require that you provide the info. Another idea is that you can also say you will pay privately for any health needs until your insurance comes in.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • I am going first ask at my new job about it and then maybe go to the new dr and explain the situation and maybe they can point me in the right direction. hopefully.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • Well, I will have to figure this whole thing is out eventually. Never thought it would be an issue and it might not be. I just worry about her not having anything and me having to cover the cost. it's only a month and a half but you neve know. I will talk to everyone and see what happens. thanks for all the information.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

  • If you talk to them maybe they can give you consideration since it will be just a few month and its January. Hopefully you get everything settled soon. Good luck.



    Answer by franmoor at 4:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.