Well, I figured out how to get my toddler to eat her dinner... but it makes me feel awful!

She will only eat on the floor and I have to call her woof-woof or clifford. But she'll eat anything if I call it a bone.

No spoon, no fork, face in the bowl like a dog.

This totally sounds like a troll post and I keep shaking my head at myself but for the past week she hasn't been eating ANYTHING and has been SO moody. She's eating... But it's not right and I know it. Imagination- that's a good thing. Eating from a bowl off the floor at 3 years old- not a good thing. I'm going to take pictures and embarass her with this later.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't know know what to say, lol. I guess just don't let the neighbors see LOL! But what works, works.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• Hey, if it works, go with it! I mean, I wouldn't make it a daily habit, but if she hasn't eat in a few days and this gets her to eat, then you do what you gotta do.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• I know... Gawd... I need to find a Clifford movie where he sits at the table and eats with a fork. :(
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• LMAO, mama its just a phase.
    what I did was put a bird house in the dining area and put fake birds in. I told my kids if they didnt eat their food the birds would eat it. I would even take a couple things off their plate when they werent looking to make it look for real.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• Yeah- that was my thought wendy. Poor kid is hungry- if she wants to eat like a dog on the floor for a week- whatever. I'm 9 months pregnant and choosing my battles.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• We did that for a few days. Daycare owner's daughter got a new puppy and came home from college to visit, so all the kids got to see it. DS was obsessed for a little while after that. I picked one of his plastic toddler safe plates, called it the doggy dish, and let him eat off that on his play rug. We never made a big deal out of it - he'd also crawl over to me and nudge my hand with his head to be petted. Not making it a big deal let him get over it sooner. He'd still "play puppy" once in a while after that wanting to be petted or play fetch, but the food thing only lasted a few days.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• My daughter went through that phase. Don't worry about it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• Oh staci.... I hope you are video taping that!

Whatever works.... LOL, truly LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• This so reminds me of A Christmas Story with Gavin McCloud lol. She is just fine and it will pass.
    Oh I am laughing so hard because I can see this in my head.

If you have not seen this movie besure to rent it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• My daughter loved to copy our dogs.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2012