Did I miscarry again

Three months ago I lost a child at 10 weeks. My first period after the miscarriage was December 25th, 2008. A couple weeks after that I started feeling very sick. I took five pregnancy tests because I felt very pregnant. The fifth test had a faint positive on January 25th. Two days earlier I had been doing a lot of heavy lifting and cleaning. I started leaking some clear fluids vaginally. The leaking was very light and lasted for about 7 hours. I should be 6 weeks pregnant now. I went to a free pregnancy clinic today (Feb 10) to get confirmation of pregnancy for my insurance. They told me that the test came out negative. As I was leaving she told me that both the tests (we did a second one) had very faint lines. The thing is, it took 20 minutes to show up, and then at that the lines were very faint? Is that normal at 6 weeks and when I got a positive over two weeks ago? I don't have a regular doctor, so it's goin

Rangerwife

Asked by Rangerwife at 3:33 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• so you dont even know if u were pregnant in the first place? how are we to know if you miscarried if YOU dont even know if you were pregnant?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have had 1 miscarriage and I new I was pregnant. Test after test came up negative. Then when I was about 5 weeks, I got a very faint positive. I miscarried 1 week later. I'm sorry you have to go through this :( HUGS
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• that is how it was with me when i miscarried .. but you could also just have low HCG levels to where a home test wont work i would try to get to a dr asap for a blood test to make sure just so you do know what is going on ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think you still had traces of HCG levels in your blood. Usually after a m/c.. they will have you come back two OR more times to check to make sure all the levels go back to zero ( making sure the m/c happens naturally).. Unless you get a D&C. I've had 2 m/c.. and never have I had "clear liquid" come out.. It started as spotting and progressed into a "heavy period".. ( mine were at 6 weeks and 8 weeks)... Also with the six week one, I didn't have a dr. appt for a few weeks and still had traces of HCG in my bloodwork... ( they knew I was/had miscarried by the low number).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The reason for the faint line on the second one is if it sat to long it can give false results.
    You may of had a phantom pregnancy,wishful thinking you were.
    I think you need to be seen since it may be something else besides a possible pregnancy issue,like another reproductive concern going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• you need to see your doctor... AFAP!

if you really have been pregnant, which you obviously dont even know, then you need to get checked by your doc. Immediately. I cant believe you wasted your time at this clinic. Especially after you miscarried just a few months ago.

Dont get me wrong, but you should use some kind of birth control, because getting pregnant so fast after a miscarriage will bring you in the high risk to have a miscarriage again.

your body needs time to heal. dont torture yourself and your body.

call your doc and make an appt. asap.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Don't worry about the above post. I had a natural miscarriage in Septmeber, got pregnant the next month (doctor approved) and am now 19 weeks pregnant. It is definitley true that you could still have left over HcG levels, so if possible you should see a doctor. I understand that it's not always as easy said as done, but at least they will clear any concerns you have. Good luck.
    mrsjoeljr

Answer by mrsjoeljr at 7:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Ok to the first responder and to M. Robertson....lighten the hell up!!!!!! What is wrong with you people coming in here being mean when she has a question? Trina, are you sure your levels went down completely from the last miscarriage? I had a miscarriage in January and they told me while 4-6 weeks is normal time for them to go down it can take a lot longer depending on your body. If you can I think you should go see a doctor and try to figure out what's wrong. Good luck and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me.
    Viperkaylin

Answer by Viperkaylin at 11:22 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I had the same thing happen a few years ago I took about four or five test the first one was faint so i waited a day and tried again first thing in the morning then i got 3 postive result and i felt really sick one day and the next day i started cramping and bleeding i went to the doctor and she said that most women wouldnt even notice just take care of your self and if your trying 4 a baby start taking prenatals before you even try to make sure u have enough folic asid
    hazeleyez0530

Answer by hazeleyez0530 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I thank those who offered support and answers. For those who were just rude and mean, I have reported you. Yes, I did have a miscarriage. Yesterday evening I started bleeding, so I went in to the ER. I had lost the baby. And as far as birth control goes, many women have normal pregnancies right after a miscarriage, and I wanted to be pregnant, so what's the point in using birth control? If you're here to try and help answer my question, thank you. If you're just here to beat me up, please leave. Your comments are not welcomed!
    Rangerwife

Answer by Rangerwife at 11:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009