Is there a such thing as a "Civilized" black friday?

This year will be my first ever black Friday! I’m going with my two sisters and a cousin. However I know that BF can get pretty crazy. I was thinking about going to a mall instead of a “one store” type of deal. I was figuring that because it’s a whole mall, it would be less rowdy because everyone would be in different stores doing their own thing. I also picked going to a majority clothing store location because I figured that the majority of the people would be over at the best buy across the street trying to get deals on electronics which are very popular. Is my plan a good one or are people as crazy about clothes as they are about getting deals on expensive electronics? What are you all’s bf experiences and advice and also would going to a mall really make that much of a difference.

quita1991

Asked by quita1991 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2012 in Shopping

• The only civilized black Friday is staying home and refusing to participate.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• I went last year for the first time. We went to Walmart first. And I was surprised that there were no fights. (at least where we were). We actually met some really nice people while waiting in line. We hit kMart next and we had to wait in line a long time. Also met a few nice people there. But there were some rude people. Nothing too crazy. I am excited to go this year. I have it more planned out. :)
    Amanda0712

Answer by Amanda0712 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2012

• I don't dare go out anymore. The first time I did, I was in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart with a friend, and some woman decided I was in her way and started bitching under her breath about how it was just her luck, getting stuck behind some slow blind girl. Then I read about that poor old man who got trampled to death because he tripped on his way into Wal-Mart--the nerve of him, ain't it--and I just decided the whole thing was too dangerous and disgusting to be a part of. Women breaking each other's arms just so their little darlings could have the lastElmo doll--no thanks! I was looking forward to seeing what Cyber Monday had to offer, but now I'll be away from home with no computer access. Oh well, maybe next year.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• There are a lot of sites that run specials on Thanksgiving. Online specials are always good and you don't have to deal with the crowds. I don't like shopping on black Friday. It's a free for all and I don't like crowds and chaos.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I used to go, but it drives me crazy to participate in them now. I no longer have the surge to get the best deal. I want the no stress piece by staying home on black friday. However, Cyber Monday is enticing....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 10:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2012