Neutrogena oil free acne wash or Cetaphil?

I’m in the search for a new skin routine but I need a cleanser. I have done research and these two seem to be popular. Which between the two do you guys think would work the best, or if there is any other that you use that is different please let me know. Info about my skin I’m currently having breakouts and I have oily eye lids and eye area, forehead, and nose.

quita1991

Asked by quita1991 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• Neutrogena oil free is the only one that's ever kept my skin 100% clear. I don't have bad skin to begin with but I've never had a break out nor has my skin ever dried out while using it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Neutrogena worked for me for about a month, but my skin dried out and was flaky, even with good moisturizer. Cetaphil worked for almost two years, and didn't dry out my skin like every other product I've tried. I think that with any product, it's trial and error, though. What works for one person, or even a thousand people, may not work for you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I worked in a pharmacy for years... we had a dermatologist in the area that highly recommended Cetaphil... we couldn't keep in on the shelves!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• cetaphil by a mile
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Just try one and go from there. Just because 10 women could tell you that 1 of them is better doesn't mean it'll be a good one for you. I've found that trial and error is the way to go - it's worth it to spend money and try a couple to find what works best for you.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I used Cetaphil for years, just trying Neutrogena recently. I'm getting much better results.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Cetaphil it doesn't dry me out and it's good with sensitive skin.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I used Neutrogena. It worked for about 3-4 months then I started drying out bad for some reason. Switched to cetaphil over a year ago and haven't looked back. My son is starting to get a little acne. I plan on giving him one of my bottles.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Cetaphil
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I used Neutragena but I used the gylcerine bar soap. My doctor said that was ok to use. I had acne pretty bad when I was younger. Now I am plagued with rosecea.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2012