Does abortion go against God's plan?

saw something related earlier this morning... thoughts?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe God really has a plan. I do think that abortion isn't what God had wants for us, but I don't think God has a map of humanity in general or a plan for individual lives specifically, if that makes sense.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• It depends on what you believe... i just read an article that claimed the Bible says a fetus isnt a living being until its first breath, with verses to back it up...
    And other articles say otherwise with verses.
    Its up in the air...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• if you say God has a plan- then he must have the WHOLE plan- so I agree with what butterflyblue19 said.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• B-IAskedGod.gif

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I love Mamak88's answer! and I agree!

Answer by older at 6:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• well if God has a plan then it included how the woman got pregnant in the first place...which can lead to a lot of really disgusting things on God's part...if he actually planned for horrible things to happen. but then when does life begin? first breath, conception, implantation, heart beat...theres a million ways to answer this question.

for me, God has no "every decision this person's gonna make" plan for each individual person's life, so i dont see how it could go against something God doesnt have.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• "well if God has a plan then it included how the woman got pregnant in the first place..."

Maybe, bit not necessarily. We cannot know. But that's irrelevant, IMHO. Whether a rape is something G-d intended to happen- and let's not take free will out of the equation- or it's a matter of "sh*t happens", being wronged doesn't justify doing something wrong as a result. Facing life means facing both the consequences of our actions as well as facing the things that happen to us- even the terrible ones- by acting correctly. I know it's a clichè, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Maybe, bit not necessarily. We cannot know.

Wait so the method of how a woman gets pregnant is not knowable to God's plan but "God had a plan" for soul X to be born into poverty or with Down's IS knowable for the mere fact that it is part of a decision a woman makes when she chooses an abortion thus interuppting the "soul's" ability to achieve correction? WTF kind of backwards logic is that? You can't even prove a soul is real much less any "conditions a soul has to atttain."
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• " WTF kind of backwards logic is that?"

I said I cannot know what is part of G-d's plan. Not knowing isn't backwards logic, it's simply not having the whole information.
    I do believe that every one of us needs to achieve something in this life, which I cannot what it is for every single person. But not giving that person a chance at life would be denying them the opportunity to achieve that correction. But again, I cannot know how the way in which that existence came to be plays in the grand scheme of things, whether it was part of a plan, the free will of another person, bad juju or just that sh*t happens.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• "You can't even prove a soul is real much less any "conditions a soul has to atttain."

The question was created with the premise that G-d exists. The question isn't about whether G-d exists or not, therefore the answers must be given starting from that principle. A simple "I believe He doesn't exist" answers the question. If you don't believe that G-d exists, then you obviously also don't believe He has a plan: question effective answered.
    But for those who are answering with premise that He does exist, the answer is more complex and that's why everyone is simply stating their beliefs (which they don't have to prove true to answer the question) and that's really what the OP asked for.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2012