Does abortion go against God's plan?

saw something related earlier this morning... thoughts?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I do believe that every one of us needs to achieve something in this life, which I cannot what it is for every single person. But not giving that person a chance at life would be denying them the opportunity to achieve that correction.

So what if it's God's plan for the "soul" to be aborted and not achieve correction. Maybe that particular soul doesn't NEED correction. That's where your logic was backwards. By stating it "NEEDS" correction but you can't know God's plan, well you can't know the state of any soul or any "corrections" a particular soul may or may not "need' either. You're speaking on things for which there is no knowledge as if you have some knowledge on it. That's the backwards bit.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• "So what if it's God's plan for the "soul" to be aborted and not achieve correction"

So what would be the point to even bring that soul into possibility? That's like being accepted to a college that doesn't offer degrees, pointless.
    Furthermore, if there are clear and direct rules regarding abortion, then in order to stick to "G-d's plan", you should follow the rules. By OT law, abortion is 100% forbidden unless there's a DIRECT threat to the mother's life. Then if G-d intended for soul "X" to be aborted, He could simply make sure that baby threatens the mother's life. If it doesn't, then it's a safe bet that that soul needs to be born.

" You're speaking on things for which there is no knowledge as if you have some knowledge on it. That's the backwards bit."

Sorry, but just because you don't share those beliefs, that doesn't mean I don't know certain things to be true. You're free to doubt them

Continued...

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• you're even free to laugh at them and find them ridiculous. But I can perfectly well claim that I know certain things. But unless I'm demanding or bullying you into believing them true (which I'm not) then I have no reason to prove them true. I KNOW I love my boys unconditionally. I can't prove it to you, it doesn't mean I cannot make that claim of knowledge.
    But again, the OP asked for our beliefs on the matter. I stated my beliefs on the matter. Funny how you chose to single me out and criticize what I believe. You don't agree with it? Cool. But you really cannot suggest I'm wrong simply because it sounds wrong to you. That would be egotistical.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• If it doesn't, then it's a safe bet that that soul needs to be born.

And this is the backwards line of logic I'm talking about. I believe I've told you how backwards and illogical I find your beliefs and your justification of those beliefs so I dont' think this needs to go further. The very Idea you can claim a soul "NEEDS" to be born or God would have made it threaten the life of the mother (according to his plan) while at the same time claiming God has no hand in the inconceivable ways a woman may conceive through rape etc(since it can't be known if it was his plan or "Free will) is completely contradictory and laughably so.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• You are claiming to KNOW God's plan in one aspect and dismissing it in another because it is "unfavorable" to your sensibilities.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• "And this is the backwards line of logic I'm talking about. I believe I've told you how backwards and illogical I find your beliefs and your justification of those beliefs so I dont' think this needs to go further"

No, no you don't, and the fact that you say that openly means there's not a possibility of having a positive, stimulating debate with someone who has so little respect of others. So leave it at that, OK? The OP asked for our opinions, we gave our opinions, there's no reason to go any further on what's obviously going to be just a mockery and attack on your part. I couldn't care less if you find my beliefs interesting or laughable.
    So good night to you, I'm out

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• The fact I say it openly simply means I'm honest. I have respect for beliefs I find respectable But claiming you can know God's plan in regards to abortion being against it (otherwise he would cause the pregnancy to threaten the mother's life) while claiming you can't know if it's God's plan or "free will" in regards to rape is hypocritical.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• That would be like saying it is God's plan to be raped. I do not think of a loving God as one who would have a plan for such trauma. I think there is free will. Unfortunately that means free to do great harm and also free to do great good in this world. Abortion falls under the category as free will, a choice a person makes and for that person to live with the consequences wether they are good or bad. But I do not see it as being God's plan to put a woman in a life threatening situation where she must face heartache and possible trauma. I see God as a the spiritual being one prays to when they are faced with trauma and impossible choices for guidance, clarity, and hope.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• "But claiming you can know God's plan in regards to abortion being against it"

I never claimed to know G-d's plan in any situation. I know His LAW and under His law, abortion is forbidden unless the mother's life is in danger. So if that's the law you really don't need to be Hercule Poirot to reach the conclusion that a baby that's an inconvenience, or has a medical condition or was conceived in tragic circumstances isn't meant to be aborted unless it's directly threatening the mother's life.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2012

• How could anyone know?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2012