maybe TMI but you never know

okay so i was thinking about breastfeeding my baby i know i want to, i was wondering if you have nipples that don't pop out or stay out will it be harder to breast feed the baby? first time mom here so i don't know.

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it wont be harder... not much.

my midwife told me and the other soon-to-be-moms (back then when i was still pregnant hihi) that women with nipples that dont pop out should get those little plastic things that you put on your nipples.

here is a picture:
    http://www.babyjoe.ch/shop/oxid.php/sid/68281b5c9f4de0b48800059d5a6e748f/cl/moredetails/cnid/e874602c41517b596.27008011/anid/2e146092e3cf24c09.78369200

its like a fake nipple and will help you if your nipples dont pop out. nipple shield?! i think thats what you call those.

good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:11 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• some people who have inverted nipples have problems bf'ing. However, you can buy nipple sheilds and also do things like pump to draw your nipples out. Your local Lactation consultant would be bale to help you out, so if you decide to BF, you should definitely ask to speak to one in the hospital.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 7:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have inverted nipples. It took a LOT of work and I had to use a shield at first (start the session with the shield and once the nipple was out, remove the shield and QUICKLY put the nipple back in).

I will be honest and say I was not successful with nursing, but it didn't have anything to do with my nipples!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2009