How to get over someone?

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me but I've posted several time about my story, or my conflicting decisions. I really just need to have encouraging words right now, not any I told you so's. I took a chance, and it failed. I slept with the guy I had a crush on for years and years. He got what he wanted and sorta kept the conversation going for a little bit, but now its unknown to what happened. But, my guess is he moved on. I'm glad I found out now. He's a jerk and I don't regret what i did, atleast now I can move on. But, I've offically deleted his contact information so I won't be breaking down and texting him ever again. I really hope theirs' a nice guy out there, because at this moment in time I have no faith in the male population.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 12:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2012 in Relationships

• I say stay single for a while. Take some time for yourself and get yourself in order. I wouldn't rush back into anything. Hope things get better for you and I bet it will in no time. If someone is going to use you the way he did that is just wrong. you deserve better than that!

Find your inner strength and run with it. One day you will find someone that will be good to you. The key is to stop looking and maybe one day he will just fall into your lap. :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• The saying. Time heals all wounds.  Comes to mind.

Answer by louise2 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• It will take some time to lessen the sharpness of the pain, and the freshness of the memories. Also, you will meet new people, have new experiences, and these will help blur the old memories that hurt you. In time, you will see this as a time you learned from your actions, and choose to move forward. All of us, and where we are in our lives at any given moment, in good times and bad, are the product of past decisions... the good ones and the painful, crappy ones. Some of my worst decisions have led me to some of my best places in life. Its just getting through that initial heartache that really sucks. All I can say is keep moving ahead, dont waste any time looking back, and be ready for some really good things to happen as you do the work to move forward. GL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• There are many nice guys out there, just right now in your life is not the time for them to head in your direction. Give some time to yourself, and let you be found by the right one.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• actually, time doesn't heal all wounds..there are usually scars to prove a wound was inflicted, and hopefully, by seeing the scar, you'll be reminded of this, and make better choices next time.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I agree that time is the best healing remedy but just to speed the process, get rid of anything that reminds you of him and don't go anywhere you ever went with him. No need in triggering memories. I'm going through this now so you are not alone. Each day gets better.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Goofy is quite right.

I do remember you. I'm sorry things didn't work. Have fun burning the guy in effigy, and then take your time. YEARS if needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• You will find your Prince Charming, just stay strong!
    Jor13dana

Answer by Jor13dana at 10:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• You will find someone when the time is right. Don't rush anything. Take your time and heal. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Thanks Ladies for all your support and feedback!
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2013