Do you get buyer's remorse just grocery shopping?

Ugh, I swear everything is getting SO expensive nowadays! I just came back from the store and got what we needed for the week+ (month really cause dh doesn't get paid till after thanksgiving and I was hoping to use most of that for Christmas shopping) and a few things that we're bringing to MILs for Thanksgiving and it was over $50! Milk is now $3.69 a gallon here but I got two so it was $3.39 each...ooohh big discount right @@ Then I figured I would get a small turkey right away to have as back-up or to make for just us sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was $7.99 because I had over a $25 purchase, I remember when they used to be like $5 max for a small one, and no $25 purchase required! (ok that was probably like 15 yrs ago but STILL!) Anyways, i'm feeling some buyer's remorse and am anxious for this whole holiday season to be over with so I don't have to stress about money and presents and everything...I know it will all work out in the end but it is still stressful :-/

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 2:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2012 in Shopping

• Oh I hear ya... I will go to the store and start getting things on my list. By the time i get up to the check out I start putting things back because I am like, "I don't need this or that." I hate that too!! I hate going to the store because I can never get all that I need. It's sickening being so broke all time!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Yes! I just threw out 3 avocados because they were brown inside, that's 1.50 wasted, then i bought a 2 dollar bag of lettuce I didn't use in time, there's 3.50 wasted,
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Yeah, I remember that.. Its really hard having kids, and having to watch every penny. I did it for years as a single mom. It will get better, moms. Hang in there. And remember, your kids aren't keyed into any of this. They are just excited for all the holiday events, and stuff. Talking to my kids now (they are 20, 22, and 28), they say they dont remember my stress at all. They thought every holiday was awesome, even with as little as we had sometimes. :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Absolutely, I get so stressed out spending money on anything.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Yes, It's sad that it happens so often.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Ugh Staci that is the worst when you forgot you bought it and then it goes bad before you use it :( I've been trying to get better at reminding the kids to eat the fruit and veggies FIRST before going for the Cheez-its or chips or something else so that the fruit doesn't go bad before we use it, although mostly I just buy apples and oranges and sometimes bananas and everything but the bananas last quite awhile.
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Only if something goes bad before I get around to using it, like if I buy produce intending to make a certain meal and then that meal gets knocked off my plan. Otherwise no, because I really watch what I spend and shop sales!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• YES! In fact, I got it a few times today: buying Christmas gifts and going grocery shopping. And God yeah, it makes me nuts to have things go bad before I can use it. Erg!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 10:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2012