Do you use those Command Strips to hang Christmas lights in your house and

leave the hooks up all year long? I do and I feel a little bad about it. They are just below where crown molding would be and looks kind of tacky there all year long. But it's really convenient to just have to hang the lights each year with replacing the hooks. This year I will replace them with the new clear strips and hooks and hopefully will be less visable throughout the year, because I'm not taking them down until they start to fall off!

Iluvautumn

Asked by Iluvautumn at 6:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2012 in Holidays

• I use them for some things but I take them down.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I use them for the garland on my hardwood built in cabinets in the family room... I normally take them off after the Holidays,
    but last yr I totally forgot and yes they looked tacky, but every time I thought about getting them down, it was like get the ladder, get between the couches, etc.. etc... then I would start with something else and forget about them... now my garland is up again for this yr and the hooks were already there...lol... I will try to remember to take them down this yr... maybe...lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• Yes, we do it for lights, garland, stocking, etc. It's so handy and we keep a few of them up when ever possible to hang more things during the other holidays.
    Lovingmykids612

Answer by Lovingmykids612 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• No but want to try them if they are better made.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• No, but I just purchased them this year--for Halloween decorations. I was in the store with kiddos, wondering out loud how I was going to hang an 8-inch spider on the wall and DS says to me, "Mommy, why don't you use those Command strips? They hold up to x pounds." I did a double-take and asked him how HE knew about them. Commercials, ah. And here I'd forgotten all about them! Blown away by a 6-year-old. That's me.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2012