Pre-made Thanksgiving dinners?

Ok, I am thinking about getting one of those pre-made Thanksgiving dinner's that you heat up like from Fred Meyer or Albertson's. They include the turkey, potatoes, yams, rolls, gravy, green bean casserole, & pie. The ones I've seen available range from $60-70 for 8-10 people.

Do they taste good? Is it worth the money? Thanks for your opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2012 in Food & Drink

• That's a great price- the turkey alone is usually 40 bucks! My mom had one once and said it was good from Fred Meyers- I wonder if they would let you sample it?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• My ex husband and I did that one year when there weren't many of us. The food tasted great, the dinner was super convenient, and overall, it wasn't too much more expensive than buying everything to make our own meal would have been. The only thing I would caution you about is that they seem to overestimate how many people the dinner will feed. We bought one that said it served eight, and it actually fed five of us comfortably.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I work at a local grocery store in the deli department. We sell around 50-60 of the premade dinners each year. I, personally, don't care for them. The turkey isn't seasoned. The side portions are very small. Bu the people who buy them seem to love them. :)
    Amanda0712

Answer by Amanda0712 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Personally, I wouldn't. I like to make it, and it's really not hard at all. Here's what I do - The day before I start cooking. I make every single thing (mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, etc) except veggies which I just boil right from the bag, so it's easy. I then put it in a corning ware pot that I can serve in and put it in the fridge. The next day, all I have to worry about is the turkey, gravy and veggies. I put all the side dishes in the oven for about an hour and their good to go. If something seems dry, just slap some butter on it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Tastes like cafeteria food. No seasoning. Tastes like it was made in large vats.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• We have gotten one before ,it was very good.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2012