I think my boyfriend is using me help!

Okay so I told my boyfriend if things are going good with us in the next couple of months that I will help him with his car to get it fixed. Because I won't help him now he says he doesn't want to be with me because I won't help him now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2012 in Relationships

• things are not going well now?

if he said that- then he should go find someone else to help him out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Charlotsomtimes- things have just been starting to go well again, I don't feel comfortable giving him help now when things started going well a couple of weeks ago. you know? So I told him lets wait to see how things are in a few months, and he flipped out and said he doesn't want to be with me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• He doesn't need his car in a couple of months, he probably needs it now. If you do not trust him now, what makes you think you will then? Are you doing a nice thing for someone, or manipulating a relationship? This is screw all the way around
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• adnilm he doesn't need it now he just wants to redo his car so he can race it. so its not something he needs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• adnilm-I am not manipulating any relationship he asked me for the help. I didn't offer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Honestly, I wouldn't help him either. But then, it sounds like you need to end the relationship.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• OH- this is a car he's doing for fun? yeah -that should be on HIM and if he said that to you then that doesn't sound like things are going good again to me...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• If he doesn't want to be with you if you don't finance fixing up his car, he doesn't really want to be with you. BTW, in future relationships, don't say something like "if things are going well, I'll help finance fixing up the car." It's like an offer to buy someone's affections, and won't lead to honest development of the relationship.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• You don't owe him a souped up race car.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2012

• SWasson: I never said anything like that he asked me to help and I said with the way we are doing right now no I don't feel comfortable helping you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2012