S/o of previous picture question

why were my eyes so much more dilated than hers in the pictures? i am a hypochondriac so i have been worrying myself these past few days that something is wrong with me... lol. the bar wasn't too dark in the area we were in, but, i was extremely anxious the whole time. could it have been the raging anxiety/fear that caused them to dilate? i have social phobia and it was the first time id been out in 11 months or away from my kids overnight in a long time, so, i was pretty much in a state of panic the entire time. i didn't drink too much and in any case, she had way more than i did. her pupils are tiny in the pics, almost as if we were outside in the sunlight, while mine are big as if we were in, well, a dimly lit bar.

perhaps her eyes are the ones that weren't reacting properly?? lmao

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2012 in Health

• It could have been just because it was dark and you were at a different angle than your friend
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• was there a flash on the camera? a light behind who ever was taking the camera?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• there was an annoyingly bright flash, yes. we were standing right next to eachother in all the pics, so our eyes should've had the same reaction, right?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• maybe she was on something? lol
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Yes- an intoxicated person's eyes will not dilate properly.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• well, i should mention that she went through 3 open heart surgeries this year and is on loads of different medications and has a pacemaker. i dont know if that has any bearing on eye dilation. and yes, i feel bad worrying over something this stupid when she nearly died this year!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• :( now I feel bad for my comment
    Yes the medication she is on could be a cause of her eyes dilating different
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• lol dont feel bad! its my fault for forgetting to include it
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Everyone is different. Medications also play a roll. I have seen many pupils(ICU nurse) that are huge naturally and others that are tiny for no reason. Eye surgery also changes the way pupils react to light.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• other than my psychosomatic symptoms, yes.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2012