How do i get my baby to eat and sleep less often?

My baby girl is 4 months old and she wants to eat almost every 2 hours and she drinks 3 sometimes 4 ounces of formula. I thought formula was supposed to fill them up for a longer time. and also she get tired after an hour of being awake but she only naps for 30 minutes then wakes up for an hour and wants to go back to sleep. I've tried keeping her up for almost two hours and she's miserable and she still only sleeps for 30 minutes. the same with eating. Does anyone have any advice????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just go with it. Otherwise, she'll be miserable and you'll be miserable. She's still young enough that her needs should be met on her schedule (as much as you can, anyway...you have to go grocery shopping sometime, right?). Within a month or two she'll probably settle down and take more regular naps and eat on a more regular schedule. Hang in there!
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• just hang in there. it could be anything from teething to a strong growth spurt.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Before I read the answers, I thought, "You just got 'one of those' and go with the flow." Your peanut is just like my first...

I've heard there's a book out there about establishing a schedule. Baby Wise. Maybe get an hour away and head to the book store to read it. See if it makes sense? I think babies are better off establishing their own schedule.

Tip: never buy parenting books... just get hubby to watch kids for a while and go spend some time at the bookstore for researching. I've saved money this way and my sanity.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:06 AM on Feb. 11, 2009