Do you think that people who feel powerless in their real lives are more likely to bully online?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 4:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2012 in Relationships

• Oh, cheese and rice. The effing take off on abuse question was made in jest. If people would learn to pull the stick out of their ass they might be able to see the forest through the trees. Just because a few people took exception to the question doesn't make the intent what you want it to be. Those of us that were joking along knew what she was talking about. Nobody thinks that real domestic violence is something to joke about. Should we apply the same strict rules of conduct to the many obsurd 'am I pregnant' questions?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Wow just wow. You call people hypocrites all time just look at yourself. You're are one of the top bullies on cafemom
    Anonymous

• margarita time

I've got drinks too.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• you tell us
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• ^^Just have to say I actually agree with an ANON which is rare^^ You may need to look in their mirror. Remember when you point fingers you have more pointing back at you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Well now... this is a damned interesting question, I think.

Depends on the person and the extent of bullying, I guess. But to be honest, most people who bully others (both IRL and online) do so in order to gain a certain sense of superiority over their victim(s). Whether that's due to feeling powerless or insecure or just due to an evil streak in them, it's really difficult to say.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• I think both your new questions are trolling. It got quiet in here and no one was complaining so you put up these two questions to get everything going again.
    Anonymous

• Okay, after checking the rest of the thread, unless there's something I missed I totally agree with this:

Humor is the best way to get through trying situations. It works for me and it apparently works for a great many others here. The post wasn't about abuse, it was about the ridiculousness of some of the posts here. The same sort of posts that the anon(ffa) goes bananas on people over. I have seen wicked nasty attacks by her and some others. This was not a personal post directed at any one individual. 

There were a couple of ridiculous questions before that where someone claimed that her SO treated her like shit (never claimed abuse) and asked if she should stay.  I didn't read her post as anything other than in jest.  That's JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• I dunno. You tell us.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• OMG, Lost! You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. LMAO.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 4:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2012