How to get motivated for Sex?

Watching Tv shows like Oprah & the Doctors Etc.. DR. OZ. Etc.. Say how Good A Healthy Sex life is,..... How many times is Healthy! A Cure All for my Headaches & Migraines etc... Well DH & I have been together since I was 16. We've been married a long time!! What if you have No Real Desire & are Happy & content without it? When did your peak Kick in?? How to get motivated?? I can't afford any medical DR. Care .. But just curious about you ladies here.. In case any one wants to share... Myself I'm Fine! DH is Waiting patiently!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• well, i enjoy being that close and intimate w/ my SO. He's the love of my life & I almost never pass up the oppurtunity to share my love with him in that way. I may be of no help to you, because if you don't want to do it, I'm not sure how to change that. But, maybe you can view it differently. I like to look at it as an expression of love, & when i think of it that way i want it all the time :)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I don't have a big sex drive but I have found that when I make myself have it more regularly I enjoy it and dh seems much more relaxed and happy. We also seem more in tune with each other. We have it about 3-5 times a week. He used to be lucky if he got it once a week ;0) However, if you are both happy with the situation as it is I wouldn't worry about what anyone else said.
    ma2calebzoeyeli

Answer by ma2calebzoeyeli at 9:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• IMO Some times you just have to go ahead and do it (have sex). You might think your not into it, and then you just start doing it and you start enjoying it. Have you tried masturbating to kick start you desire. IMO The saying. "If you don't please your man, he will find it somewhere else". comes to mind .IMO

Answer by louise2 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• kind of like the song: "if you don't get it at home you'll go lookin" Yes, a happy husband usually get's his fare share. And so do some happy wives ;) It is good for you though, it releases all kinds of hormones that make you feel close & lovey dovey. And i just read not too long ago that couples who have healthy sex lives have better immune systems & don't get sick as much.......that was very interesting to me.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• you know.... hubs and i have let life get in the way of that over the past two years, his job, my business, our baby.... we're just busy, and weren't doing it often. now we're ttc, and because we "have" to, we've been doing it alot! and you know what.... we're happier, bickering less, and more "in tune". yeah, it's sad that some people have to schedule these things, but sometimes you gotta. make your self do it frequently, and you'll be enjoying it in no time!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• WATCH PORN! OF COURSE
    __bbaaoo

Answer by __bbaaoo at 1:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have the same issue as samurai Chica. I adore my husband. We have been married 18 years. We went through a period of many years where we had sex every 7 months. When we got our motorcycles last year something woke up in my husband and he started following me around like a dog. That was annoying until I told him to stop grabbing me in front of our child and neighbors. That calmed down and we started having sex every night. We have bought tons of lingerie and sexy shoes in the last 3 months and I wear it trying to get my libido started again. Sex is great, I just have no interest. Even when we start, I just want it to be over. I bought OTC libido things and they do not work. Watched porn, no help. Used battery operated toys, no help either. I pretend to enjoy what we are doing and he has no idea I just want it to me over. Any other suggestions?
    Anonymous