A heartbreaking end to a custody battle :(

http://www.13abc.com/story/20076112/police-grandma-uncle-may-have-killed-3-kids-in-custody-dispute

I just cannot wrap my head around this at all! How could someone be so heartless?!  This woman's own daughter & SIL wanted their kids back.  Regardless of the circumstances, how could a person who is supposed to love those kids do such a horrific thing?!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2012 in Relationships

• It is extreemly tragic but that is not your question. How could some one do this? Hatred. The idea that you are in my way, caused me an inconvenience or a hurt or hurt one of my own and so I will hurt you in the worst way I can.

I knew a woman, who is thankfully in prison for a long time, who attempted killing her 2 year old because " If there ain't no kid, there ain't no battle"

Some people can not see anything beyond their own very personal feelings.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Mostly Selfishness, hatred and mental illness. I'm sure she told herself many times if they go back their lives will be terrible. She probably thought she was being heroic by 'saving them' from going back.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• It's the ultimate use of children as weapons, I guess. So many people get caught up in their own hatred and use the ones who matter most to hurt whoever it is they have a problem with. And the ones who get hurt the worst are the kids.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• How awful! This is a tragic story.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• My heart broke when I read this story earlier
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• That is so awful. I feel sick just thinking about those poor kids. Hatred, for sure, was in the mix; they allowed themselves to be poisoned by it and never bothered to take a step back to think what the hell they were doing. Ditto on GrnEyedGrandma's selfishness and mental illness being 2 more ingredients in this horrific thing.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 10:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Maybe they thought they were "saving" the children? Do we know why the children were removed from the parents in the first place? I know it doesn't make it any better or easier to handle, but she may have truly felt that this was the only way to save her grandchildren from a terrible life.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2012