• In the Spotlight:

The Doctor thinks I need a partial Hysterectomy

Do you think that I should take out my cervix and uterous? The doctor thinks it is best because he is afraid I will get cancer if I don't what do you think?

Jms71315

Asked by Jms71315 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• He has to have a better reason than that. What else is going on
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:45 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Well, personally I would do it. You have a family to think about as well as your own health. If the dr. thinks that is what is best to prevent you from getting the cancer then so be it....but why does he think you will get cancer...that is another question as well.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:46 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You know Hystorectomys as of late years have goten a bad rap. Yes its a big proccedure. But It saves lives, and in some cases betters them. Since what you described is a partial hystorectomy, your life will not change much but no period. If you get an ovarianectomy with it, which is a total hystorectomy you might not always have to go on treatment for Metapause. The only thing a partial does is free up 1 week of everymonth. And for somecases more than that. Some women have periods for many weeks. My periods are so bad that I cant wait to get a hystorectomy. I do not have endometriosis, or anything like that just a heavy period. They have tryed take just the lining out of my uterus with a Uterin ablasion. It did not work. I bleed just as bad. 3 weeks ago I was given a shot that would put me into a temp metapause for 3 months while we get the hystorectomy scheduled. I actually cant wait till its over.
    kylegirl

Answer by kylegirl at 12:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009