yet another sleeping ?

My 8 month old is still waking once or twice a night, as everything else it got better but now its back to the same wake ups....
If I let him cry himself back to sleep that would take hours, trust me I have tried.
I can't seem to figure out the reason why he wakes, I think it is out of habit.
I do rock him to sleep and yes that does contribute to the problem.
We have a solid bedtime routin, and that does help.
But he continues to wake up about 2 times a night, and wakes up for the day very early in the morning.....I would love it if he slept till 8 but it probably not going to happen....
I am goin to try the cio for naptimes starting today....
If you have any advice or another idea on how I can eliminate the night time wake ups would be great, and any ideas on how I can lengthen the naps, he will sleep for half hour and is cranky from not sleeping long enough.......

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 9:47 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 3 month old son is now sleeping thru but my 3 year old woke up a couple times when he was that age. All kids are different.
    LND

Answer by LND at 9:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• He could be teething or learning a new skill. My dd goes through cycles like that too. Just when you think you are getting good sleep, they are back at it.
    If you are going to do CIO then you must do it at all bedtimes, not just naptimes. Otherwise it is pointless and he will never learn what is the right way to fall asleep.
    Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Well could be a few things, he could be teething, my kids always woke up in the middle of the night when teething. Also maybe stop rocking him to sleep, but consistancy is the key. Whatever you decide to do, it has to be done every night. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:04 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• when is the last time he is fed? our son's last bottle is two hours before he goes to bed.. if its any later, he wakes up.. he is a great sleeper and has been since he was a month old. I thought he would change but he didnt, i just had to adapt to his schedule.. he sleeps from 7pm til 6am with two two hour naps during the day.. he use to take 4, but then finally he just slept longer so i changed.. when he gets up in the morning he plays, and then eats, and then about an hour later he gets a bit fussy and I'll just lay him in his bed with a toy and then he falls a sleep in minutes.. Dr. John Ferber has some great techniques, i follow several of them.. he's a sleep specialist for children..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2009