Help me identify this bug!!!

I find these bugs everywhere!!! In food pantry, carpet, tables walls, couch... Its getting on my nerves! I think dd got bit by them...

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I can't see it well enough to make it out. Can you get a better pic?

Answer by kmath at 10:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• the pic isn't clear enough to be able to tell exactly what it is, but it looks like some sort
    of beetle... I would have the house sprayed on the outside and around the doors inside
    this might help keep them out or at least get a handle on them...

Answer by gmasboy at 10:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• its so small and its hard trying to zoom. I flushed it already!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• It looked like a pinch bug? Bring the pic or another bug to the local plant / garden place and ask them.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• then you need to describe it
    what color is it
    is it a beetle
    is it a roach
    is it hiding in the bedding
    we need more details

Answer by feralxat at 10:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Does it look like it has pinchers at the backend? If so it's an earwig. (female if pinchers are straight)
    If not it is likely a cockroach of some sort. One of the smaller varieties such as the German cockroach

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• I am sorry but I can not see it. You can start by bagging and flour/ ceral type of food as well as sugar. Put is in the freezer at least for a day. Clean out all your cupborad so they are empty and open. Get the bug bombs and set them off as reccommended. If the infestation is that bad I would over kill but I am like that. I personally would complain to management and have them set up a spraying schedule with you. After the bug bombs you will need to wipe everything down and vaccuum really well before you let your kids back in. Maybe they could spend the night at gramma's but check to be sure they are not taking any friends. That will take care of most bugs for anything else you will need an exterminator.

Answer by Dardenella at 10:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Are you in the south, particularly TX? If so they are a type of beetle. I've gotten them before. You'll have to throw out all open food sources in your pantry.

Answer by 3libras at 10:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• To answer some questions..

It's definitely not a roach
    It's dark colored black/brown
    Not in bedding, thank God! Not on any bed!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2012

• Can't see it!

Answer by staciandababy at 10:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2012