WHY do some find it necessary to.....

Why do some CafeMom's find it necessary to stalk your page, leave bashing messages full of hypocracy and feel it necessary to set you straight when you answer a public question? I answer a question with my opinion, my views, my beliefs, I don't candy coat anything, you asked......I answer. But other Mom's feel it necessary to pm me, uninvited and inappropriate, telling me off for my answer. I have a great observation........if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question! Why feel it necessary to pm and bash when you oppose an answer? What do you think? I'm guessing that is why many ask / answer annon!!

blessed5x

Asked by blessed5x at 9:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• there is an easy answer. FEAR. ppl who constantly bash & send hateful PMs are stupid and afraid. they don't know how to debate or argue their point so they resort to name calling & stalking. these women are stupid, but they just don't know it. they think they are the only ones who have the right answer & anyone who disagrees is ignorant.

and that goes for both dems & repubs. ANY name calling shows ignorance, no matter what your opinion is...unless done in a joking manner.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Report harassment to cafe mom admins. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It is called freedom of speech!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Freedom of speech is different from harassment and being just plain mean!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If it happens, delete it and move on. I abide by the same rules here as I do in my normal e-mail box, if I do not know the sender I delete it before I open it. Some people feel the need to get their point across regardless of whether or not you invite them to share. BTW, why is this in P&CE?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Its because they are immature and obviously take the internet too seriously. I dont take anyone who stalks or bash me seriously. I think theyre pathetic and need a life. Just report them and block them.

Answer by gemgem at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• That is why I post anonymously. I got sick of the nasty messages being left on my page and in my PM box. I was adding people to my blocked list left and right and not keeping up. So I just quit and now answer anonymously to questions that might inflame or anger. I speak my mind, but as politely as possible. I just got sick of being harrassed.

I don't know why people can't keep it to the boards and feel the need to go after someone on their page though. To me that is just childish.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Maybe when you will respect other members views without bashing them things will change..............You are the one who likes to call people who support President with different names.
    You are the one who even can't call President by his name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol micrespo, because the majority of my pm's with bashing vial name calling and setting me straight are from p&ce threads.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:58 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Anon 8:57, I have never been disrespectful, I have never called someone names for their views, I have never pm'd someone for their answer in a public forum! My point is like one wise Mom answered here, keep it to the boards, freedom of speech........it is inappropriate to pm any Mom uninvited with bashing name calling! My freedom of speech allows me to be in here in a public forum to call the president NObama, but since you support him, I wouldn't go and pm you!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:03 AM on Feb. 11, 2009