I am so jealous of my bff that it has come to hatred

i don't know when it started, but i have become so jealous of her that i almost think i hate her. her parents help her constantly and she is so damn snide. she finds little ways to point out how much nicer her things are. i have tried to move beyond this, but everytime i think i am over it, i feel the old green eyed monster welling up again. i don't know how to make it stop. it has come to the point where i daydream about ways to sabotage her and knock her off her high horse. i feel horrible. help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• Maybe that's why she is friends with you because you have less. She sounds like an ugly hearted person. She's the type who step on people she deems less than her to make herself feel better. Tell her to get friends who have more money than she does. I'm sure she won't because most likely she enjoys being a pathetic queen bee. I agree with the ladies above. End the friendship. It never was a true friendship anyway. Work on being happy with what you have. She might be jealous of the non-material things in your life and is acting out because she does not have it in her life. Material possessions does not equal happiness. Observe exhibit A. Hope that helps. cheers
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 4:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• This isn't a friendship. She's treating you like crap and you're resenting it. Break it off. Don't return her calls or her texts, if she reaches you, don't have time for her any more.

If she's always been this way she was never your friend... you were merely her whipping girl.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Who has time for a friend like that? I wouldn't. Your jealousy is poisoning you and not doing a thing to hurt her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• This isn't a good friendship. I would just cut her lose. If you stop talking to her and she asks why, just tell her that her bragging and one-upmanship is hurtful and makes you feel resentful. Those are not productive feelings and sometimes we need to get rid of the negative things in our lives. Forgive her and let her go.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• You should never be jealous of what others have.. and if she is rubbing things in your face then she is no friend at all.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• End the friendship before it leads you to doing something you may regret later
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• There is no reason to be jealous of someone who basically can't do anything without the help of others. at least you can say that you're doing for yourself enough with the help of anyone. pull yourself away from her you don't need a friend like that. that's a friendship to me that is not even worth fighting for
    tariyah

Answer by tariyah at 3:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I think you are more resentful of what you've been handed than jealous of her. Given her attitude, there is probably a price she has to pay for what she has. She's as insecure as you think you are jealous.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2012