How many sweaters do you own?

Pants? Shirts? Pairs of shoes? And how many do you think is too many? I have MANY sweaters, probably own more of this than any other article of clothing.

This is kind of a tangent on another recent question on CM re: shopping. My closet is small, so my clothes are really packed in there. I also have overflow onto baskets that are outside my dresser drawers. I also hold on to clothes (like pre-pregnant clothes that I am losing hope of ever fitting into as I can't seem to get motivated to exercise, now that both kids are in pre-K/school and I'm getting too old to have a 3rd); I have sweaters that are about 15 years old--not the light-up/obnoxious variety. It all made me wonder if I just had too much hanging around.

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 10:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• Get rid of anything you haven't worn in a year. You can pack up your pre pregnancy clothes if you really think you will get back down to that size, otherwise get rid of them as well. Pack it all up and take it to Goodwill.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Not as much as I would like I need to clothes shop since my weight loss
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• just two sweaters, one is too big and the other is too small on me now. im more of a hoodie kind of girl, i have about 6 hoodies and 3 or 4 jackets. not that they're needed much in the kind of climate where i live, though.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I have about 10 sweaters or so... I layer them over camisoles for work. They are mostly the button up kind. Most of my clothes you can mix and match so I can get a lot of outfits out of less pieces of clothing. I dont have to be "dressy" for work, but I cant wear blue jeans either... so I dress a lot in that in between stage.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• 1
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I agree with the haven't worn it in a year rule. In fact, I need to do this. :/
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I have too many of everything. I have tried to downsize, and succeeded... but my dad is a shopoholic and if I go out with him, I end up bringing home a few bags of clothes for me and DD.
    I really hope this baby is a girl, we have sooooo much girl clothes lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I have a couple of light sweaters up in the top shelves above my closet. I can't remember how many years it's been since I wore them. It just doesn't get that cold here. I have a few pairs of pants that fit and several that don't. I have a ridiculous amount of shoes. I have a major sneaker addiction and just bought three more pairs.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I stopped buying sweaters a few years ago during my hot flash era. So, I could use a few new ones. Shirts, I have probably about 50. Jeans... 30, I think. Shoes, about 50 pair. Yes, I still want more...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I got rid of most of my clothes I only have stuff I wear.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2012