Clear contact paper?

We are starting to plan to go to Walt Disney World next summer. We went in 2011 and bought one autograph book for our then 5 and 3 year olds to share. The books there were about $10(or more). For this trip, I was thinking about making them, so each child could have their our book. I was at IKEA the other day and they had spiral bound 6" x 8" journals for $1.99. I figured that I could not make the basic book for that price so I bought 2 of them. They have paperboard front and back and about 100 pages each(more than needed but then they can have a character sign more than once if they see them more than once).
They are grey and i was thinking about butting some princess and fairy sticker on the one for DD and then Cars and Toy Story for DS.
I was thinking I could then put clear contact paper on the top to protect the stickers, since I can not get the cover page off to laminate it.
Is the clear contact paper a good idea or should I get something else or skip covering the books at all?

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 11:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do you have printer, scanner at home. I would use the sticker paper and copy the sticker pattern onto there and than put in onto the spiral. My kids would have pealed it off - messed with it and ruined it the clear contact paper.
    Just an idea... (I did this to put a photo of the twins in a Birthday Party invite one year)
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• @SassySue123
    I do and had not even thought of that. Good idea. Do the stickers come up with out being covered?
    nova.mommy

Comment by nova.mommy (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• use a sheet of copy paper as your templet - arrange your sticker (or let your kids do it) than put the sticker paper into the printer and copy the templet onto the sticky paper. cut it out and put it on the spiral.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I don't have an idea for the cover but since you mention having so many extra pages - a friend of mine is taking her kids next week, and has planned to take their pic with each character and adding the photos in later on the page opposite their autograph - so skip pages to add pics (if you didn't think of that already, anyway!).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• @ idareyou
    I have thought about pictures. I also thought about having DD(will be 7) write about or DS(will be 5) draw a picture about their favorite thing each day.
    Also, we will be taking the auto train. so they could get the other kids they meet to sign it or the train workers.
    nova.mommy

Comment by nova.mommy (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• good idea idareyou
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2012