Am I wrong?

Last night hubby and I didn't get much sleep... This morning after being up since 7am he wanted to go lay back down, our 5 yr old would have been up alone. I had already fed him breakfast and it's rainy out so it would be a lazy day in the house anyway. Hubby wanted me to put some cartoons on and take a nap. I didn't think it was a good idea to leave him up alone. He's an awesome little boy, doesn't get into anything ect. But it just didn't feel right to me... Am I wrong? Hubby is now upset with me.. Btw, he's a new step-dad...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• No you are not wrong, you are being a responsible parent.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would never. You are right.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You are absolutely right. He is wrong. You say he's a new stepdad. Give him the benefit of the doubt and just explain to him why you can't do it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• No you are not wrong, tell your husband that you love him and would love to cuddle. But on the couch so you can keep an eye on your son.
    p.s your sons safety always comes first
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i agree with you, your hubby could have layed back down to take a nap, then when he got up you could have napped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would not have done it. It might have been permissible to put the video in and lie down on the sofa for a bit, but I would not have left him unattended. Too much can happen too quickly. Hubby will get over it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• He's 5,hubby lay down on the couch, you let Ds lay on the love seat or couch w/ hubby and watch cartoons w/ him. If they both fall asleep, great. What's the big deal?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:14 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• when i have been sick before i have turned on a movie and laid down in the room of the movie and explained it to my son and expected him to be good and it worked for me that one time... if you have to do it ..... but there are 2 of you so you could take turns taking naps.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i would have just laid on the couch and if my kids fell asleep with my then great if not i know that they will just keep watching cartoons.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• OP here, THANK YOU LADIES!!!
    Anonymous