What part of having a baby do you think is expensive?

People said to me all of the time before i had kids that having a baby was so expensive, i haven't found that to be very true....then again i am thrifty.

I make my own baby food and breastfeed. I spend about 35-40 on diapers and wipes a month, all my sons clothes were bought used for cheap same with all his baby stuff except bed and carseat....

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diapers have got the be the highest expense & formula is expensive for those who pay for it.
    But, kids get pricier the older they get.

Answer by 3libras at 12:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• College is going to be the worst!

Answer by kmath at 12:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• clothes! They out grow them so damn fast

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Yeah, if the baby is born healthy your biggest expenses are yet to come. My daughter just graduated from college a couple of years ago and that was $80K.

High school is very pricey too.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Me too open but if you are paying for a hospital birth and get meds a tylonle is like$ 50 and the epidural is like2500

Answer by flowersmama at 12:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I bought a very nice nursery set for my first, but then I used it three times and money wasn't an issue. Kids get much more expensive as they age!

Answer by missanc at 12:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Raising them to adulthood ~

Answer by tasches at 12:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• other than the hospital stay babies arent all that expensive unless you need formula. its the raising of kids, the having to spend you money on things for the kid instead of yourself, that gets expensive over time. i think some ppl say that b/c they are buying way more stuff than necessary b/c either they think they need it or they want it b/c they see other parents with it.

Answer by okmanders at 12:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I haven't spent barely anything on my babies. I am also thrifty. It is when they turn into little humans that need and want tons of stuff and food is when it gets expensive.

Diapers are the biggest expense for little ones. I think food becomes a bigger expense when they have bigger stomachs. And clothes when they have to pick them out.

Answer by staciandababy at 12:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Diapers, kids are expensive do to the fact that they grow pretty fast.

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2012