Olive oil and bread before dinner. . .

What herbs and/or spices are put in the olive oil that restaurants serve w/bread before dinner? And, can I mix a carafe of that and keep it on my counter? Or is it best to mix the herbs just before eating?

marihand

Asked by marihand at 10:34 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Our favorite Italian place uses nothing more than rosemary olive oil poured on the plate and fresh cracked pepper on top. Flavored oil are easy to make.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you look in the spice aisle they sell herbs in shakers that are to be used for mixing in olive oil...they are all SO good! Can't think of the brand name but I'm sure you'll see them...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I like basil in the olive oil. This is so funny that you are asking about olive oil and bread...I have craved that over the past two days and ate some yesterday and today with the panini that I made with olive oil! lol! Even though I'm cutting down on carbs, a little bit isn't bad!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 11:32 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Oh, and if you like spicy you can just add some crushed red pepper to the olive oil too!
    LiveLoveLaugh