could i be pregnant with #5?

Breastfeeding, have the paraguard iud. Have been spoyting for the past few months. October i had a steady very very very light flow more like consistent spotting for 4 days. Been feeling very sick. Few weeks ago it felt like my iud was more like a tampon but i didn't think anything of it.

mamaof4114

Asked by mamaof4114 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Could be. Take a test. Paraguard usually makes your period heavier but it could just be the breastfeeding. I didn't have a period for almost a year after giving birth to DD while I was breastfeeding. Have you felt for the strings lately to make sure it's still there?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I'm going to sound like a idiot but no. I'm new to this type of bc, the iud sometimes feels like a tampon that's not in right. My youngest is 4 months.
    mamaof4114

Comment by mamaof4114 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I don't think you should be able to feel it, not like a tampon. You should be able to feel up there for the strings, but if it feels like a tampon it might not be in the right place. You should see your Dr. about that. And if it has fallen out of place, you could very well be pregnant. Or it could be the breastfeeding too. A test and a Dr.'s visit to check the placement of the IUD is all I can recommend. I hope you get the answers you are hoping for.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• from what ive heard IUD can cause spotting, not to mention breatfeeding will totally mess with your period. I never even got mine while breastfeeding my daughter.. I would take a test to be sure.. or just go see your doctor and see what they have to say about it
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• I have no idea and neither does the Magic 8 ball. Sorry.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2012

• Not pregnant.... but its worse. Anyone that has this iud needs to get checked asap!!!
    I need surgery! It's called prolapes(sp?) How do i start to tell my husband that?!
    mamaof4114

Comment by mamaof4114 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Nov. 17, 2012