Another olive oil question. . .

Which brand of olive oil is the best? Freshest? Seems that Crisco has come out w/olive oil but I'm thinking it's probably processed. So which is best that you use? How do you know you are getting quality oil?

marihand

Asked by marihand at 10:36 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I personally like Bertolli and Classico
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Make sure that it is extra virgin olive oil or extra extra! I like Bertolli and try to buy it when it's on sale since it is a little pricey. It's worth it though. I just made a really good "panini" a few minutes ago. I used the Bertolli olive oil in a pan, wheat pita bread, cheddar cheese, sliced tomatos and a little salt for taste. Yummmmm!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 11:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• look for extra virgin cold pressed. then if you can see the color look for the greenish ones for the most flavor
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:28 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• and keep it in the frig...it will go rancid fast...keep small amounts out in the cruet.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009