How do I get my 10 month old daughter to stop biting??

KayliesMommy403

Asked by KayliesMommy403 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my kids to stop biting by biting them back, once they realized they didn't like it they stopped.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have a 14 mo, who at 10 months started hitting. I will never hit him back (though I really think he desserves it). If he was a biter, I'd do these same things.

1) find out the triggers. Is the baby frustrated? mad? What's making them mad.
    2) Act hurt.
    3) From Happiest Toddler on the Block re: horrible behaviours: a) clap 3 times really loud b) point your finger really harsh at them 3) growl.
    4) I find that the baby just laughed at me with that so I added d) set the baby down and walk away.

If I had a biter, I would actually consider the biting back if none of this other stuff doesn't work. But try the isolation. "If you bite me, I'll be mad and I won't play with you."
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:02 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• good question my son is doign the same thing and its makin me frickin nuts I have a big bruise on my shoulder he was laying tummy to tummy the other night and just chomped down! UGH!@
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:49 AM on Feb. 11, 2009