Energy Drinks while pregnant!!

Hi everyone!! I was just wondering... OK so I NEVER drink caffeine.. I may have a very little bit of coffee every once in a while even before I was pregnant caffeine was never my thing!! All I ever drink is water!! Since I was very little. But now that I'm pregnant I crave the taste of Red Bull energy drink!! Would it be safe to drink one?? I mean not everyday... just one every once in a blue moon...

dixieQT

Asked by dixieQT at 10:50 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm NO its not safe do not do it.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• NO!!! Energy drinks are a controversy in themselves..... BUT NEVER WHILE YOU ARE PREGGERS!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Many docs consider caffeine a drug while you are pregnant. Thus a baby can become addicted. So an energy drink would be a big no-no.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. I know that Monster energy drink specifically says on the can that it should not be consumed by pregnant women. I can only assume Red Bull would have the same or at least should.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• No, no energy drinks. While caffine on occasion is not harmfull the other additives in RED BULL can be dangerous to one who ISN'T preggers. I honestly don't think, one red bull or half of one would hurt the baby, BUT, it might make you a little sick
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:57 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Hi guys just wanted to tell ya that I asked my doctor (what I should've done in the first place) well she said that no its not good for me to drink energy drinks but one is not going to hurt, it'll just make the baby a bit hyper!! She said if I haven't felt the baby move yet then I definately will... & drink lots of water!! She said normally she would say DEFINATELY NOT but she knows me & my body & she know how much water I drink that it really shouldn't be a problem!! BUT THANKS TO EVERYONE!
    dixieQT

Answer by dixieQT at 11:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I know that u all telling her No but I did not know u should not drink one cause I did not every day but like u said every blue monn and my baby was good. But do not do it cause I said I did but I just did not know.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 12:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009