any suggestions?

8 month got a congested but runny nose and doesnt seem to be eating that well b/c of it

josalin

Asked by josalin at 11:01 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use saline nose drops, and the use a bulb syringe to suck it all out. The company Little Noses sells a bottle of the nose drops and the bulb syringe together in a package. Hope your little one feels better soon!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• try a humidifier at night too that should help with the congestion. they hate the bulb syringe but it works really good and you'll probably wanna do that just befor he/she eats. good luck
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 12:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Vicks vaporizer works wonders they have them at walmart for like $17.00 and the liquid you mix in the water for like $7.00 and they can actually sleep good because they can breath at night but make sure you use saline and a nose sucker( bulb syringe) to get all the yuckies out
    LiLMomma702

Answer by LiLMomma702 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• is she teething?
    Anonymous

• I have tried this on my son and it actually works. Take regular vicks vapor rub, not the baby stuff and apply it to your baby's feet when it is time to go to bed. Rub it in and put socks on. Feet have over a million sweat glands. So the Vicks will soak into the feet and go into the body helping your baby breath easy. I have never put Vicks on my son's chest since I learned this. The first time my son got a cold and got congested I put the vicks on his feet , put socks on, and put him to bed. I didn't hear him wheeze all night. The next morning he woke up and sounded great. I did this during the duration of his cold. I also do it whenever he gets a runny nose. Try it if you like, let me know if it works for you.
    foxy400ex

Answer by foxy400ex at 2:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009