ok time to vent please help me keep sane!!

Both me and SO went to bed LATE, him 4am, me- 5am. LO woke up at 8:30am.. I'm running on caffine. my SO is up only because when she woke up I got upset at the fact that he did not get up with her and take her to the living room so I picked her up and went into the living room, made coffee and breakfast for her...he works I stay home with LO...I understand he is tired but I am tired as well it should be a joint effort, right now my FIL is here and SO is droopy eyed on the couch, His dad has the nerve to say go to bed man its ur day off get some rest...what about me don't I deserve some rest too not only cuz we went to bed late but just in general, I don't have family just his and they always feel that since he works he is entitled to sleep ALLLLL DaMN DAY...I feel like my "JOB" never ends 24/7 when is my day off? didn't know where to post

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can feel you on that one! Sometimes you just have to say... Honey I'm going to lay down, watch the baby! Don't ask him, tell him. It works for me when I do it! You have to stand up and let him know how tired you are.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:20 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I do I mean any other day I would let him rest MOST of the time when he is home he is sleeping or he wants to be up all night. He is a good father don't get me wrong,, I guess I'm just irritated from lack of sleep...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• come on ladies I need feed back please even if I'm wrong tell me.... I just need to talk and vent...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Some men dont understand that being a wife and mother is a FULL TIME JOB! You need your rest so that you can function on yourJOB which requires your attention 24 hours a day not just 9-5. so I completely agree with you ! Here is a BIG HUG! and a mug of caffiene. Lexi
    aw131

Answer by aw131 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i know what you are saying, I am a sahm also. but why did you stay up so late? not being mean just wondering. and also I agree with you, we never get days off and its not fair
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I understand your need to vent and here's a BIG HUG AND COFFEE!!!! However, you were wrong to not say "Hey, I've gota get some mo sleep, YOUR TURN! Don's ask, just do it whenever you feel the need.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:56 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I feel you. My husband has every Thursday and Sunday off. I have asked him to take the baby every other Wednesday night and every other Saturday night since he does not have to work the next day and he wont. Which leaves me up with a baby all night and then the next day I don't get to sleep when she naps because I have a three year old who needs me and a house to clean. ( he wont help with the house either unless I force him too.

lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• MetroMom,
    Men are really putz's sometimes. They really believe that a SAHM is not the same as a job. Men work for money. You can ether tell him to watch the little one so you can get a small respite which is so very true, or you can be sick and need to rest. Because if your sick everyone else will get sick too. Or you can try to explain it to him and hope to god that he see's the light. You could get drastic and quietly demand some time for yourself by just not saying anything and not doing things that you are just taken for granted to do, such as meals, laundry, cleaning, all the things he relies on you to do. You will know what to deny doing and how far to take it. I wish you the best of luck sister Mum. It is a battle that so many women have fought for so long. I have done all of the above. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I hope it might work for you.
    Tracy O. decafsis
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 12:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol thanks ladies all ur responses help calm me a lil I know I'm fightin a losing battle..but I also have epilepsy and he knows that lack of sleep are biggg triggers for me its frustrates me that he knows this and I still have to fight for some sleep...oh and FIL just left and LO fell out right after so I put her in her play pen and started cleaning up... dada was knocked out on the couch I told him go to the room I don't feel like watching u sleep or hear u snore while I mop, sweep, fold laundry, put on a new load and wash dishes....ayyy would it be wrong of me to take a shower and go out for a while its beautiful outside ...leave them both sleeping
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009