trying to lose weight...??some motivation please!

okay, so im 22 years old.... and have two kids... a 3 yrd old and a 1 yr old.....i am overweight... i know its still too soon to have my old body back..... but im still trying to lose weight...a few years back i had a great body, and was very athletic.... i started taking some diet pills... but am supposed to incorporate some sort of excersice during the day..... and its getting harder for me everyday..... with the kids and all the house chores... i dunno if im just making up excuses or if i really am getting tired.... another thing is, that i feel like i am losing weight, little by little, like i notice it in my clothes they all fit better..... but i still get criticized a lot by family members.... my hubby always tells me that he doesnt see a difference at all that i still look fat... my mother, still tells me that i should loose weight... but she tells me that every single time we talk..... am i just being too emotional??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I'm sorry that no one around you is supportive. I don't think you're being too emotional at all - every one else is being too insensitive!

Check out SparkPeople.com
    That site really helped inspire and motivate me - I lost 40 lbs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• no, i would cry if everyone was telling me that. It's rude, & there is a better way to go about it than to say your fat. I struggled with my weight until i left my ex. It just came off........it was funny because this holistic lady always told me that i'm not loeing weight because i have to let go of something i;m holding onto emotionally, & i thought she was crazy. But when i let go of ex hubby, it came off so fast. I would look in the mirror & was in shock that i was looking at myself. Anyway, you need motivation. Find a friend that you can go on walks with, & share you dieting dairy with. 've heard it helps, also, i'm not suggesting to leave your husband....lol.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My mother in law did that to me a lot after i had my son always telling me that i looked like i gained weight anyways the thing that gets me moving is music. I bought an Ipod filled it with lots for fasted paced music and I will take the dog for a walk, I take the kids for a walk, I take the kids on a bike ride, I do house chores like if I have to pick up a toy off the floor I will do 5 squats before picking it up when i go to one room to another I'll do lunges. When I brush my teeth I will do squats. When I'm in the shower i will dance while i wait for the conditioner. My point is I'm always moving. Good luck and tell your husband if he has nothing nice to say to say nothing at all.
    WifeyorMom

Answer by WifeyorMom at 11:43 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• No you are not being emotional. It is difficulty to find time to exercise while taking care of two children. First thing I would do is make your DH stay at home with the children two nights a week while you exercise. Next I tell your DH and mother that they need to be supportive versus pointing out your weight issues. The last thing you need to do is buy yourself some new clothes. They may be having a difficulty time seeing the different if you are still wearing the same clothes. When I was losing weight I would buy a new pair of jeans every time I went down a size. Others are more likely to notice when you wearing clothes that fix properly and also motivate you.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 12:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Hey there,
    Tell your family to knock it off. your body and muscles have what is called memory. Yes, it is taking you a little longer to see results but give it time. Have you gone back to your old eating habits? (before the kids?) Well, I have 4 ages 3, 5,10 and 11 and I have to say if it were'nt for a friend introducing me to a very supportive program at www.gofigure8.com, I don't know what I would do.
    I've lost 30 lbs on this program in 10 weeks. Let me know if you like what you see and I'll get you started with a discount of 35% off the program.
    Stay strong and blessed.
    Botanic

Answer by Botanic at 12:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• NO your totally fine, all you need is alittle motivation...a workout partner. Do you have a YMCA where you live? You should try joining a gym thats beneficial to you and your lil ones! It's fun I promise once you get there and you put the kids in daycare you dont want to leave LOL! It gives you a chance to have some ME time away for an hour to collect your self! Join and from mother to mother you will feel like a whole new person! Ignore the people talking about your weight they aren't you and they deffinitly aren't being supportive in the right way. IF...IF.. YOU are ready to commit to 2-3 days a week at the gym you should join... You will know when your ready ....It's like this song ...My mindss telling me NOOOO but , my body my body's telling me yes LOL just wanted to add alittle enthusiasm... Good Luck to you sweetie if you need to talk I'm here.
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• thank you sooo much to all of you..... its really nice to know that someone out there is supportive..... thanks again...... like i said i just need some motivation and support!!!
    Anonymous

• Then only way. Exercise on a regular basis, and eat! Women should eat 6 small meals a day to keep the metabolism going. Everyone tries to starve themselves, and that DOES NOT Work! The key is watching what you eat during the days. Never eat later then 7pm
    Toni80446

Answer by Toni80446 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009