Any suggestions for a comfortable trip with a 19 month old from NY to NC?

We're leaving next week and I want to be prepared as possible. I have about 10 dvds and some books but i still feel as if thats not going to hold him. I want to hear from other experiences. How much snacks to pack? Should I leave him in his PJs? And what can I take to keep up my energy (I don't like coffee). Thanks in advance!!!!
Oh and the hotel does not have a fridge or microwave Any ways I can keep his milk and juice fresh?

jjsmommi5

Asked by jjsmommi5 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Travel

• bring snacks and maybe some movies..clothing doesnt matter . i also bring colering books..
    christine2007

Answer by christine2007 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• What about taking a cooler and using the ice from the hotel to keep your milk cool. My sons around the same age and when we travel I try to break the trip into legs, about 2 hours apart. I take the first leg with him and his sisters in their pj's, and change them when we stop for gas and breakfast. I keep a goodie bag up front with me, and keep stuff like his gogo's(cars) in it, baby safe books, keys and anything else just to distract him when he gets bored. I don't give them all to him at once so it makes the newness last a little longer. I wouldn't over pack on the snacks but maybe allow a different snack for every leg, and I would give them out unless he's just super fussy. Need more ideas let me know.
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 3:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• We went from Maine to South Carolina with our 3 1/2 year old and our 17 month old. It was a long ride! We brought many movies, new ones and old favorites. Lots of snacks and drinks. Definitely bring a cooler to keep things cold. Also some new toys worked good for us. I just went to big lots and loaded up on a bunch of stuff for little cost. If there are any places you can stop to get him out to walk around a little that helps too. Good luck!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 6:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• We're DRIVING from PA to FL (that's 18 hours). I went to the dollar store and bought my 19 month old son new small toys. We also filled a cooler with snacks and drinks. I'm going to let him wear comfy clothes during the day so that when we stop every so often he can run around. but then when it is closer to his bedtime, he will wear jammies. i can't tell you how it went because we're leaving on Sunday....hope it goes well for you!!!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We travel a lot with my son. Use the ice bucket, request a couple extras, at the hotel fill with ice and keep his bottles in it. Works fine. On the plane DVD's are really hard to hear over the noise of the plane *you don't notice til you put the earphones on how loud it really is* so either buy noise reduction headphones or hope for the best! Books are good. Buy new books so it's something different it will hold his attention longer. Bring a lovey. Don't want to be stuck on a plane without his favorite toy, blanket or whatever! Bring a few presents, little stuff that enterains that isn't loud like crayons and a coloring book. Don't give sugary drinks it will hype up! V8 lite fruit juices are great for both of you for energy (they have veggies too!) and bring snacks like dried fruit, pretzels, dry cereal. Nothing sticky, slimey etc. Dry is good! Avoid getting up! Email me if you have any more questions! :) Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2009